Bruce Momjian wrote:

It is actually this code that is causing it:

       LOOPBYTE(
                if ((sign[i] & 0xff) != 0xff)
                PG_RETURN_POINTER(retval);
       );

With the macro being:

        #define LOOPBYTE(a) \
                for(i=0;i<SIGLEN;i++) {\
                        a;\
                }

If you ask me, this is just _weird_ code and should not be allowed.

Amen :-)

This reminds me of the famous "Real Programmers Don't Use Pascal", which says:

"If you ignore the fact that it's "structured", even 'C' programming can be appreciated by the Real Programmer: after all, there's no type checking, variable names are seven (ten? eight?) characters long, and the added bonus of the Pointer data type is thrown in—-like having the best parts of *FORTRAN * and assembly language in one place (not to mention some of the more creative uses for *#DEFINE*)."

:-)

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster