Stephan Szabo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I think theoretically in serializable the cases where the difference
> between the snapshot from this statement and the standard snapshot for the
> transaction are noticable we probably have a serialization failure

Hmm, that is a good point.  It would be cleaner to throw a "can't
serialize" failure than have the RI triggers run under a different
snapshot.  I am not sure if we can implement that behavior easily,
though.  Can you think of a way to detect whether there's an RI conflict
against a later-started transaction?

               http://archives.postgresql.org