Tom Lane wrote:

Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Should we add a variable that is set from the dump filew that identifies
the version of PostgreSQL that generated the dump?
SET dumped_version = 7.3

Is that identifying the backend version, or the pg_dump version?

Without a solid rationale for this, I'd rather not do it.

Why not both? I would also think this info could be used in pg_restore in some way at some point. Even if if can't, wouldn't it be worth it just for debugging purposes. Knowing for sure what the backend and pg_dump versions were could be helpful.

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])