--On Tuesday, October 14, 2003 15:31:42 -0400 Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:
Michael Brusser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Yes, we use NFS. Many of our customers use it as well.

You are of course aware that this is not real safe...

Maybe we should throw a "stop using NFS" if we get an EINTR from read()/write(), or explain what NFS options they should avoid.
Err, some of us use NetApp filers as NFS servers for our PG data, and I believe that that negates at least some of the risk. I don't want to see
us (PG) not support something just because it *MAY* be unsafe.

LER

-- Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us [EMAIL PROTECTED] | (610) 359-1001 + If your life is a hard drive, | 13 Roberts Road + Christ can be your backup. | Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749