Josh Berkus wrote:

Peter,

I can't seem to find a Bison 1.875 RPM for a SuSE 8.1 machine I can't

afford

to upgrade right now. Does such an animal exist? Help!

Install it from source if you cannot find a package.

Hmmm ... still getting the "Bison Too Old" warning message. How can I tell where Postgres is looking for Bison?

I got the same problem when I upgraded my SuSE 8.1. Try "which bison" to locate it; usually, SuSE will install in /usr/bin, while packages installed from source will install to /usr/local/bin, so the older bison would take precedence.

Regards,
Andreas