Dear Jean-Paul,

> Please tell me if my experience can help you in any way, I'd be really
> glad in participating your project.

Thanks for your proposal, welcome in the team.

In short, we plan to port Compiere to PostgreSQL and submit the changes back
to Compiere team. There is no evidence so far that Compiere will accept the
changes as their main developer sells Oracle licenses.

At present, the team is:
- Vincent Harcq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for the Java part or Compiere.
- Jean-Paul ARGUDO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and Jean-Michel Pouré <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for
the database migration.

> I can offer public CVS, web, etc.. for the project if you want.

Thanks. During the week-end, I will set up a first web page and will contact
you back on Monday.

In a first time, our goal could be to describe the port in details, so to
convince Compiere community to migrate to PostgreSQL. Without support from
the Compiere community, there can be no port...

Best regards,
Jean-Michel