Alvaro Herrera Munoz wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 04:48:59PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
AFAICT there was no discussion about this issue when the patch was
proposed and applied.  But now that the point is raised I have to say
that I don't like this change.  I don't think system catalogs should be
excluded from tab completion.  They never were before 7.4, and I have
not seen anyone complaining about that, other than Ian.

I found it very irritating at first, but when I discovered that I could tab my way to syscatalogs by using "pg_catalog." as prefix, I started feeling it was actually a nice behavior.

I found it similarly irritating at first, and it continues to irritate me. But that may be because I use system tables more frequently than the average Joe ;-)

I guess I'd be happy to see tab completion reinstated for system tables (except toast tables as Tom suggested nearby), but I don't feel particularly zealous about it.

Joe

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?