Gaetano Mendola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I'm esperiencing problem with the <TAB> autocomplete on
> postgres 7.4beta5:

> #select * from pg_l<TAB><TAB>
> and no suggestions out.

This appears to have been a deliberate change:

        * src/bin/psql/tab-complete.c: Attached are two patches for psql's
        tab-completion.c.
        [snip]

        Note that tables, indexes, views and sequences relations in the
        'pg_catalog' namespace are excluded even though they are in the
        current search path. I found not doing this produced annoying
        behaviour when expanding names beginning with 'p'. People who work
        with system tables a lot may not like this though; I can look for
        another solution if necessary.

        Ian Barwick

AFAICT there was no discussion about this issue when the patch was
proposed and applied.  But now that the point is raised I have to say
that I don't like this change.  I don't think system catalogs should be
excluded from tab completion.  They never were before 7.4, and I have
not seen anyone complaining about that, other than Ian.

Comments anyone?

      joining column's datatypes do not match