Tom Lane wrote:

Attached is an extremely crude prototype patch for making VACUUM delay
by a configurable amount between pages,

Cool!

Assuming that this is found to be useful, the following issues would
have to be dealt with before the patch would be production quality:

2. I only bothered to insert delays in the processing loops of plain
VACUUM and btree index cleanup. VACUUM FULL and cleanup of non-btree
indexes aren't done yet.

I thought we didn't want the delay in vacuum full since it locks things down, we want vacuum full to finish ASAP. As opposed to normal vacuum which would be fired by the autovacuum daemon.

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match