scott.marlowe wrote:

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

The main problem with this is knowing which files need to be fsync'd.

Wasn't this a problem that the win32 port had to solve by keeping a list of all files that need fsyncing since Windows doesn't do sync() in the classical sense? If so, then could we use that code to keep track of the files that need fsyncing?

according to the win32 page at http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html this is still to be done. I seem to recall Bruce saying that SRA had found the solution to this, something along these lines, but I am not sure the code is there yet (don't have access to that branch on this machine)

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend