Tom Lane wrote:

Jan Wieck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

However, I have not seen much evidence yet that the vacuum delay alone does that much.

Gaetano and a couple of other people did experiments that seemed to show
it was useful.  I think we'd want to change the shape of the knob per
later suggestions (sleep 10 ms every N blocks, instead of N ms every
block) but it did seem that there was useful bang for little buck there.

Right, I'd like to try know the patch: "sleep N ms every M blocks". Can you please post this patch ?

BTW, I'll see if I'm able to apply it also to a 7.3.X ( our production
DB).

Regards
Gaetano Mendola