Check that you don't need to use the -p option at all.

Also, make sure you remove any ^M (DOS CR) characters from the line endings. That always happens to me if I receive the emailon a windows machine and save the attachment, windows sometimes likes to rewrite all the line endings, causing the problem below.

Chris

Glenn Wiorek wrote:

Hmm I know it's been a while  since I used patch but I seem to be having
problems applying it.  Perhaps my patch is outdated??

patch -b pgstat.c  < patchfile
    Looks like a new-style context diff.
Hunk#2failed at line 203.
Hunk#2failed at line 210.
Hunk#3failed at line 284.
3 out of 3 hunks ailed: saving reject to pgstat.c.rej