We're still at cross-purposes then.  pg_largeobject doesn't have OIDs
(in the sense of per-row OIDs).  What I thought you were complaining
about was the chosen datatype of the LO identifier column (loid), which
happens to be OID.

O.k. that was my main concern, which per your statement is unfounded ;).
If I don't have to worry about it, then that solves the issue :)

regards, tom lane

-- Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC and S/JDBC Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting. +1-503-667-4564 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator. Integrated Replication for PostgreSQL

     joining column's datatypes do not match