On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Neil Conway wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Neil Conway wrote:
> >> $ uname -a
> >> FreeBSD home.samurai.com 4.9-RELEASE [...]
> >
> > what is kern.timecounter.method set to?
>
> $ sysctl kern.timecounter.method
> kern.timecounter.method: 0
>
> FYI, I ran the test program for another 30 minutes (an hour in total)
> without any output.

Great, I love consistent results :)  Some have 5.x that do it, some don't
... 4.x does it on all my machines, but not yours ...

What kinda processor are you running?  Intel or AMD?  Mine are all Intel

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend