Alvar Freude wrote:
I'm sorry, but after reading the desciption of "bugs" again I realised that
according to the list desciption "bugs" is the wrong one und "hackers" the
right; so, after debugging my code two days I'm now sure that there is
something wrong with Postgres. Normally such Problems are in my Application
;-)

Actually "bugs" is the best place to post bug reports if you think they might be in Postgres and not your app.

If there is no answer like "Ah, it really seems that there is a bug, thanks
for the pointer, I'll look for it" I every time guess that the issue
depends on a mistake by myself or it is forgotten ... ;-)

OK -- I guess I could have been more clear myself. Anyway I've been working on this on-and-off for a day now. I understand the root cause, but am still trying to figure out what the "right" solution is. It may take another day or so due to other things I have going on (like my job ;-)).

Joe