Hey Tom,

I have committed some fairly wide-ranging revisions to pg_dump to make
it dump database objects in a "safe" order according to the dependency
information available from pg_depend.  While I know that I have fixed
a lot of previously-broken cases, it's hardly unlikely that I've broken
some things too.  Please give it a try if you can.  CVS-tip pg_dump
should be fully compatible with 7.4 installations, and reasonably
compatible with 7.3 servers as well (but its output is unlikely to
load into pre-7.3 servers because of syntax changes).

Awesome effort!

I'm interested to know how you deal with circular dependencies in Views and Functions?

Also, what happens if I delete a key dependency from my pg_depend table manually?

Chris