Peter Eisentraut wrote:

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

If people are happy with Tom's suggestion of using '*' instead of
'all' in pg_hba.conf I will prepare a patch for it.

Well, while we're breaking stuff in the name of improvement, what about databases named "*" or databases with spaces in their names?

Good point. Perhaps we need to provide for an escaping mechanism in the routines that parse the file, although personally I have little sympathy for anyone who names a database '*'. I think it comes into the category of "Doctor, it hurts when I do this" ... "Then stop doing that." Spaces are a more likely problem, especially when we get W32 native users.

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings