Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 08:12:28AM -0500, Jan Wieck wrote:

and cons, none is the "one size that fits all" magic solution. To select

Does anyone realy believe that there can be a one size fits all solution? Heck, even Oracle and IBM offer a couple of different systems, depending on what you need. (That also suggests that any replication system need not always be shipped with the "basic" distribution, but could instead be integrated into a larger, postgresql_plus_enterprise_features.tgz or something like that.)

I don't, but consider Linux which can be configured to run on devices as small as a wristwatch and as large as the the big irons...

--
dave