Mark Gibson wrote:

Well, I've re-compiled PostgreSQL 7.4.1 with --enable-debug
(was previously working with a Gentoo ebuild of it).
And strangely I get a different error now:

ERROR: query-specified return row and actual function return row do not match

After placing a few elog statements around pgresultGetTupleDesc, i've found the
error happens after this function.

Thanks for the tips of using gdb.

I've found that dblink works without the oid map, ie: dblink(... , ... , false)
but returns the error when enabled, ie: dblink(... , ... , true)

The only part of dblink affected by this flag (use_oid_map) is within
'pgresultGetTupleDesc'

and the only variable affected is 'atttypid'
- which is left alone if use_oid_map is false.
When use_oid_map is true, SPI is used to prepare a query,
and execute it for each attribute - atttypid is then assigned the
value retreived from the query.

So when no custom types are used, the same values are passed to
'TupleDescInitEntry' whether use_oid_map is true or false.

I just can't work it out!

--
Mark Gibson <gibsonm |AT| cromwell |DOT| co |DOT| uk>
Web Developer & Database Admin