Yes, surely, unless someone wants to argue for reverting that change
to pg_atoi.  I can't see a reason for having them act inconsistently.

While we are at it we should make sure these functions are all on the
same page about allowing leading/trailing whitespace.  I seem to recall
that the spec says somewhere that both should be allowed ... but right
now I do not think we allow trailing whitespace.

Either way, we should make them a WARNING for 7.5, then error in 7.6. The pg_atoi change was a bit disastrous because of instant error I thought.

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster