Steve Crawford wrote:
Please, don't call it 7.3.6. Streamlining releases is terrible. 7.3.7 or 7.3.6.1 or SOMETHING other than 7.3.6, and just let
7.3.6 be a brown paper bag release (like 6.4.1 was).

There were no code-change differences in this rewrap, so I see no real need to change the version number.

I have to agree with Lamar et. al. The _code_ may not have changed but the "product" did and the version number should reflect that.

I second this. As someone has said, we should probably use the -rc mechanism in the future (changing the versioning from 7.3.6 into 7.3.6.1 has a greater chance of breaking things). Allow at least one week before the final -rc turns into final. The last -rc will be byte-to-byte identical with the final, we just rename it. *If* the final turns out to contain some stupid mistake, we'll just have to make 7.3.7...

Once something is released, it should not change at all.

--
dave

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster