Tom Lane wrote:
Although this is quite reasonable for queries submitted by
user-written C functions, I'm worried that plpgsql programmers will
be confused because they've never heard of SPI.  I toyed with saying
"SQL query" instead, but that seems pretty nearly content-free ... it
doesn't distinguish these queries from ones submitted directly by the
client. Can anyone think of a better wording?

"Embedded query"?

Does this bother people enough to justify hacking the SPI interface
to allow a label to be passed in?

That may be the only way to have the message make sense in all contexts.

Joe