Tom Lane wrote:
Joe Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
/* for tuple args, convert to a one row data.frame */ TupleTableSlot *slot = (TupleTableSlot *) arg[i]; HeapTuple tuples
= slot->val; TupleDesc tupdesc = slot->ttc_tupleDescriptor;

Um. Well, the arg is not a TupleTableSlot * anymore, so this is guaranteed to fail. This isn't part of what I thought the documented
SRF API was though.

I'm sure you're correct. The SRF API was for user defined functions, not procedural languages anyway. I'll look at how the other procedural languages handle tuple arguments.

If you take the arg[i] value and pass it to GetAttributeByName or
GetAttributeByNum it will work (with some compiler warnings) and
AFAICS we never documented more than that.

OK, thanks,

Joe

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match