Tom Lane wrote:

Shachar Shemesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

In particular, the front page claims that PostgreSQL is under the BSD license. The problem is that there are two.

We use the one shown in the COPYRIGHT file in the top directory of the source tree, which is also available for your reading pleasure by clicking on the "license" link on that same front page.

regards, tom lane

Ok, let me explain the issue in a finer point.

The license given in the web link you mention seems to mandate all related work to be under the same license, which is nowhere near what BSD means. In particular, this puts some doubt on whether I can use the code in an LGPL project.

Can anyone shed more light on this point for me? Am I misreading something? If it is possible to put code into an LGPL project, what is the requirement?

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting