On Saturday 24 April 2004 01:23, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> >PS: I resisted the temptation to SET THIS MESSAGE IN ALL UPPER CASE
> >to make the point about readability.  But if you want to argue the
> >point with me, I'll be happy to do that for the rest of the thread.
>
> Yes, it's a well known rhetoric technique. Take whatever argument your
> opponent say, and exagerate it to an absurd.

Kind of like changing the subject line of a thread to imply your side of the
argument is the one that has technical merit and the other side is being
petty and/or frivolous?   Anyone who has studied software useability will
know that uppercase should, in general, be avoided as it hurts readability.
It isn't about "looking pretty", it's about being more usable.

Robert Treat