Simon Riggs wrote:
> A few questions may help to speed up my work
>
> I need to send a signal from a backend to the archiver process.
>
> 1. What signal should I use?

You can use any unused signal.  I would suggest looking at what the
stats processes uses, and use something else like SIGUSR1.

> 2. How do I give the processid of the archiver to the backend? The
> archiver may restart at any time, so its pid could change after a
> backend is forked.

I was thinking of having it be in shared memory.  I am going to work on
that part, but I need to finish the relocatable install stuff for Win32
first.

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend