--On Thursday, May 13, 2004 09:18:21 -0400 Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Larry Rosenman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I did get a note from my SCO contacts that they are looking into how
to make it easier for stuff to be threads ready, but I don't expect
that to be ready for 7.5 release.

The -Kpthread on all libpq using programs is the easiest way FOR NOW.

Hmm. If there is work happening at the platform level to improve matters, then I'd definitely vote for taking the simplest solution (ie -Kpthread everywhere) for now. We can always do all that other work later if nothing gets fixed; but why invest a lot of work for what might be only a short-term problem?
I agree.  the only issue is how to set up our makefiles to only do the
-Kpthread/-pthreads(gcc) flags on the client code, and not do it for
the backend itself.

regards, tom lane

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749