Bruno Wolff III wrote:

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 16:36:57 -0400,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Ease of use is VERY important, but few suggestions that address this are
ever really accepted. Yes, focusing on the functionality is the primary
concern, but "how" you set it up and deploy it is VERY important. You guys
need to remember, people are coming from a world where MySQL, Oracle, and
MSSQL all have nice setup programs.

"nice" must be in the eye of the beholder. I have used Oracle's installer to install a client and was not amused by it need hundreds of megabtyes to do a client install.

I second that. I have not found *anybody* who has used Oracle's installer to install the actual database server on Linux or Solaris who has described their installation proceedure as either "nice" or "easy." In fact even reading the installation isntructions is enough to give you second thoughts.... MS SQL does have a nice installer, however, as do most binary open source products for Windows. I am completely confident that PostgreSQL for Windows, when it arrives, will have a nice GUI-based installer.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting
begin:vcard