Bruce Momjian wrote:

Yes, it was vague.  The question is now that we are a month away, do we
want to target June 1, mid-June, or July 1.

Some are saying that once Win32 is ready, it will justify a release even
if the other features are not ready.

I think we should have this conversation once the win32 code is ready. Since the beta period / release schedule usually takes several months in and of it self, anyone working on an item from the list below is going to lose a lot of steam if they are 80% done but get excluded from 7.5 and have to wait out the release process.

Looking at the list:

    o  tablespaces (Gavin)
    o  nested transactions (Alvaro)
    o  two-phase commit (Heikki Linnakangas)
    o  integrated pg_autovacuum (O'Connor)
    o  PITR (Riggs)
    o  Win32 (Claudio, Magnus)
    o  replication (Sloney)
    o  server-side Java

    o  integrated pg_autovacuum (O'Connor)

Unknown. We need fixes for temp tables for 7.4.3 too.

Yes I know, starting next week, I will have some time to work on this. I will fix the temp table problem first, then the 7.5 only work. FYI, I do fully intend on getting pg_autovacuum integrated for 7.5, even with a June 1 deadline.

Matthew O'Connor