Hi guys,

The latest thing we've noticed in the IRC channel and the phpPgAdmin lists is that people want to be able to grant on all objects in a database, etc:

grant select on all tables to blah;

or even:

grant rule on all views in schema myschema to blah;

This seriously is asked every other day on #postgresql, followed by us saying they have to write a stored proc to do it, followed by them saying that that's crap...

The obvious trick here is what do do if you aren't a grantor for that privilege.

I confess I find this an annoying omission also...

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])