Tom Lane wrote:

Christopher Kings-Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hmmm - I agree it's difficult, but somehow I think it's something we should do. Just imagine if some major user of postgres did it - they'd be screaming blue murder...

Shrug.  Superusers can *always* shoot themselves in the foot in Postgres.
Try "delete from pg_proc", for instance.  This sounds right up there
with the notion of preventing a Unix superuser from doing "rm -rf /".

Why not simply add a flag "undeleteable" applicable only to super user? In this way is enough in the initdb fase create the postgres user as undeleateable.

I think this is resonable.

Regards Gaetano Mendola

     joining column's datatypes do not match