I did not modify the format of the zic timezone database files, which
means that for the moment the system will not know about daylight-savings
periods outside the range 1901-2038.  Given the way the files are set up,
it's not a simple decision like 'widen to 64 bits'; we have to actually
think about the range of years that need to be supported.  We should
probably inquire what the plans of the upstream zic people are before
making any decisions of our own.

Are the zic files something that should be updated for every minor release, or only for every major release?

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])