Doh, sorry. I just realised that the lists just gave me a whole bunch of mails from back in February, which is when Tom made this post...

Chris

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

Parsing is a whole nother ball of wax besides lexing.  I wasn't planning
to put *that* into psql.  Remember the only thing psql really wants from
this is to detect where end-of-statement is ...

OK, I'm not that great at understanding where lexing ands and parsing starts. These are the things that it would be really nice to know about in phpPgAdmin:

* Start and end of multiline queries, so when executing an SQL script I can execute each query separately.

* Knowing how many $n parameters there are in a SELECT statement that is to be prepared.

Chris