Andreas Pflug wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:

Andreas Pflug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

For adminstrator's convenience, I'd like to see a function that returns the serverlog.

What do you mean by "returns the serverlog"? Are you going to magically
recover data that has gone to stderr or the syslogd daemon?

Hm, what I missed is that pg_ctl's -l parameter converts to a simple stderr redirection, and it's hardly possible to find out where it's going.
This could be solved by a file log_destination option or a freopen(...,stderr) from a guc variable.

Regards,
Andreas