On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

Paul,

Your main concern about RT isn't true, at least here at my office. I
installed RT, with no prior experience with any OSS tracker, back in
October, and it worked on PostgreSQL the first time. (PostgreSQL support was
one of the main reasons I chose it to track issues on my
PostgreSQL/Perl-based webapp.) I made this point in an earlier post in this
thread. There is no conversion effort needed with RT 3.0.6, it just works on
PostgreSQL.

My apologies, then! I was operating off of the statements of others, and the fact that the only RT impelementations I've used were running on MySQL. So, questions:

1) can you compare/contrast RT vs. BZ vs. Simplified bug-tracking, like
GForge?
I can't help here, but...

2) What help, if any, would we be able to get in supporting RT from the RT community?
RT community is VERY good, the rt-users list is REAL good, and Jesse
Vincent (the primary author) is VERY good about keeping PG support
up to date, and making the improvements necessary.

I run a RT on PG here as well.

LER

-- -Josh Berkus Aglio Database Solutions San Francisco

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749