Tom Lane wrote:

Christopher Kings-Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Comment on TABLESPACE is impossible, no? Tablespaces are a global relation and pg_description isn't.

Well, it has the same issues as COMMENT ON DATABASE, which we support, though crudely.

Perhaps we should think about creating a shared version of
pg_description so we could have more reasonable support for comments
on shared objects. I'm not in a hurry for this but it would be a
reasonable TODO item.

There are more sharing issues with tablespaces (which are already supported in pgadmin3, btw :-)
To drop a tablespace, it must be empty, but it can be quite painful to find out which objects are populating it. Currently, every database has to be queried for pg_class.reltablespace=<mytablespaceoid>. I'd love to show tablespace dependency information, which would require some sort of global pg_namespace, pg_class and pg_index.

Any thoughts about this?

Regards,
Andreas

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster