Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It has been suggested a couple of times that we should use a different
> syntax for subtransactions than for main transactions.  This would for
> example allow things like
>

> BEGIN;
>       do something;
>       SUBBEGIN;

It might be awkward for clients like psql that will want to execute every
command in a nested transaction. It would mean they would have to know whether
the user has started a transaction or not in order to know whether to use
"BEGIN" or "SUBBEGIN". But I guess they would have to do that anyways unless
there's some protocol level way to indicate a query should be executed in a
nested transaction.

--
greg