Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Why does START have a different Node from BEGIN anyway?  This seems to
> be a leftover from when people thought they should behave differently.
> They are the same now, so there's no point in distinguishing them, or is it?

[shrug...] I'd counsel leaving this as-is.  We've practically always
regretted it when we made the parser discard information about what
the user typed.  For instance, I was just reminded yesterday that we
really ought to distinguish SortClauses created due to user ORDER BY
clauses from those created because the parser silently added 'em.

               http://archives.postgresql.org