The solution I had in mind was for ALTER OWNER to run through the ACL
and replace the old owner ID with the new one wherever the old one
appears, in both grantor and grantee positions.  So in your example
        {chriskl=arwdRxt/chriskl,other=r/chriskl}
becomes
        {gumby=arwdRxt/gumby,other=r/gumby}

You could skip doing this when the ACL is null of course, since the
default assumption about its contents will change in just the same way.

What about fixing existing bad acls? I can't figure out a grant or revoke statement to do it? Do I have to update to set the relacl to null and then re-run the fixed set of grants?

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match