Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
I never really considered oracle's implementation of tablespaces when I
worked on tablespaces. The database default tablespace seems similar to
Oracle's SYSTEM tablespace. I'm not sure if they use a global tablespace
like we do.

My point was that Oracle has added a tablespace clause to the constraint clause, so we can too!

Also, since I checked and it seems that our syntax for putting tables an d indexes in tablespaces at creation time is identical to oracle's, perhaps we should copy them on constraints as well.

Since we're getting close to beta, can we have consensus on what I'm to do about this?

We are already in a features freeze period, or not ?

Regards Gaetano Mendola

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster