Depending on how tense you want to be about Oracle compatibility, we
could make people actually write their blocks as above --- that is,
the SAVEPOINT and ROLLBACK commands would be a required part of the
exception-block syntax.  They wouldn't actually *do* anything, but
they would make the code look more like its Oracle equivalent.  I'm not
for this, but maybe someone wants to make the case for it?

So long as I can emulate SQL MERGE with it, I'm happy. ie. I need a solution to the 'try update, if no rows changed then insert (unique index)' common race condition issue. If I cannot keep looping that until it succeeds, then exceptions don't help me...

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])