Tom Lane wrote:

Does Windows' strftime have any short zone name %-spec? Seems like a quick #ifdef WIN32 to use a more compact zone name would be the best solution.

I already checked; unfortunately there's no short zone option. %z and %Z give identical output.

I'd be inclined to leave out the zone field *on Windows only* if there is no %-spec that uses something more reasonable. I don't think this problem justifies adding more %-options to log_line_prefix.

I don't have a problem with either way, but it appears desirable if there would be a log_line_prefix option that gives identical result on all systems.

Regards,
Andreas