Bruce Momjian wrote:
I get this failure on current CVS running configure --with-python:

        checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
        checking for Python distutils module... no
        configure: error: distutils module not found
        gmake: *** [config.status] Error 1

I have python 1.5(1.5.2?).

This is the check that I suggest to add recently :-( See the thread "x86_64 configure problem" on hackers

You need to install the distutils, and how I wrote in that thread, it's
not clear that that module is installed by default when you install
python.

Regards Gaetano Mendola

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster