On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Momjian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 October 2004 17:17
To: Marc G. Fournier
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Contrib/earthdistance missing from cvsweb.

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:

Hi Marc,

I always seem to get problems checking out the
earthdistance contrib
module from CVS. Tom mentioned in the past that this was
because you
had experimented with it when trying to split the repository.

I can get at it if I checkout pgsql vs. pgsql-server (or
vice-versa,
I forget which), but as this module is also missing from
cvsweb, it
would be good if you could fix it. Please :-)

Unfortunately, to 'fix it', I'm not sure of the risks,
since it causes
some major headaches when i pulled it out in the first place :(  If
nothing else, should probably wait until *after* the release, not
middle of beta ...

This just a CVS checkout issue. It shouldn't affect the actual CVS files. I think it has been pushed off too long that we should just do it now. How many years must it be broken?

Which reminds me of why I reported it in the first place - I already get errors about it being missing. I'm not sure things could get much worse!

If I correctly remember the issue, if I merge earthdistance back into the main source tree (which is a simple mv operation and cvs update on the modules file), it will potentially break everyone's currently checked out CVS source, since the 'paths' will change in the CVS/Root file ...

I'm willing to do it, since all the work I generally do, I do with a fresh check out ...

Am CC'ng in -hackers, as they will potentially be *the most* affected by doing this ...

---- Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org) Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664