Rod Taylor wrote:
On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 18:50, Tom Lane wrote:

Well, the question is how long must the individual databases retain
state with which to answer "recover" requests.  I don't like "forever",
so I'm proposing that there should be an explicit command to say "you
can forget about this gid".

Isn't this exactly what the "forget" request is for in the
XACoordinator? I think it's standard for Java at the very least.

I think XAResource.forget() is to do with transactions that have heuristically completed (completion of a txn without explicit directions from the TM?), rather than the "normal" case.

-O