Right.  From a bare-functionality point of view there's nothing wrong
with it, it just seems inconsistent and therefore likely to trip someone
up in future.

But it seems no one else cares, so I'll shut up about it ...

I'm happy to have it fixed or changed :) I was just pointing out why it was like it is. It uses two different parsing functions.

Chris