Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Updated TODO:

> * Allow the creation of bitmap indexes which can be quickly combined
>   with other bitmap indexes

This TODO item description is fundamentally misleading.

The point was *not* about making "bitmap indexes", which on its face
suggests a persistent on-disk data structure comparable to our existing
index types.  The point was about using transient in-memory bitmaps as
an interface between the on-disk indexes and accessing the table proper.

               http://archives.postgresql.org