Markus Bertheau wrote:

Ð ÐÑÐ, 05.11.2004, Ð 21:40, Heikki Linnakangas ÐÐÑÐÑ:

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Travis P wrote:

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

Interestingly, the subversion repository is 585MB, and the CVS repository

is only 260MB,

BDB or FSFS back-end? FSFS seems to require less space. (The BDB backend tends to pre-allocate space though, so maybe there was a big jump, but then growth will slow markedly, so making a comparison for a repository that will continue to grow is difficult.)

BDB.

Here's what the subversion book has to say about that:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook-1.1/ch05.html#svn-ch-5-sect-1.2.A

We use svn over ssh and recently switched to fsfs because of the umask
problem and because read-only access to bdb causes writes to the
database.

This just reinforces Tom's well-made point about maturity/stability. I rejected using SVN on another project a few months ago for just this sort of reason.

cheers

andrew