Dear Folks,

Sometime ago I posted a message regarding learning to develop and contribute to the development of PostgreSQL. I started my journey with downloading the sources and take a look at the bits and pieces of the code. As I was expecting it to be, my journey was and still is ponderous one. I can image the same for other newbie’s like myself and the fact that some like myself come from a windows development world than *nix.

Therefore I was thinking to build a website concerning a "how to contribute and develop to PostgreSQL".

The idea is to show the following:

1.         How to configure the compiler tools for windows and *nix

2.         How to make changes, compile and debug

3.         Where to start the learning curve in the source code.

4.         If requested by any to document the code as I advance.

5.         etc.. etc..

I would like to hear your opinion and whether anyone is interested in helping.

Regards,

Gevik.