Peter Eisentraut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> A remember specifically that I somewhat recently fixed psql to accept
> editors with arguments, say EDITOR="pico -t".  This was apparently
> broken again during some Windows-related reshuffling.  It now takes the
> editor as one quoted string rather than possibly several shell tokens.
> Could this please be fixed?

I think the rationale was to allow paths containing spaces, which is
a pretty serious problem on Windows.  Seems like we have two basic

1. Quote only on Windows.

2. Expect user to put quotes in the EDITOR value if it contains a
space-containing path.

I don't much care for either of these :-(.

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend